- Emails that included at least one social sharing option generated over 30 percent higher CTR than emails that did not include any social sharing options.
- Emails that included at least three social sharing icons generated over 55 percent higher CTR than messages without any sharing options.
- 60 percent of all social emails included only one sharing icon. Only 11.2 percent of social emails included 3 icons or more.
- Twitter was the most popular social sharing option, included in 67.2 percent of all social emails; Facebook came in a close second at 62.7 percent.
- Emails shared on Twitter returned CTRs of 10.20 percent − over 40 percent higher than messages not linked to any social media.
- Almost 19 percent of SMB marketers (GetResponse users) used the Twitter integration feature (linked their campaigns to Twitter) at least once. Only 13.5 percent included social sharing options.
Full report available via registration here